“Positive expression is the source of creativity” Jacky Craissac
Jacky Craissac is also renowned as a pedagogue. He is the precursor of an ancestral pedagogy.
Arrived from abroad and carried by his experience and his experience as a professional musician, driven by the need to transmit, he realizes that apart from the traditional music schools and the conservatory, there are no other structures in Bordeaux. musical arts led by professional musicians such as Kenny Clarke in Paris.
He ultimately responds to the need for listening, freedom in front of the instrument and openness of a young audience wishing to work in a different way with a renowned professional rhythm player.
The human being is undoubtedly at the center of his approach.
His clairvoyance leads him to offer courses and internships of inner rhythm because he is aware that it is necessary to develop the expression before approaching the technique and the theory.
In addition to the taste for rigor, he transmits to them the pleasure of playing, gives them the opportunity to express themselves on different stages and integrates them into several of his creations with dancers and painters.
In the 1970s, his path and his educational commitment became clearer.
They lead to what he calls an artistic work of the human being that he develops in his school of artistic expression of oral and vibratory transmission through sound and rhythm in the South West of France from 1970 to 2010.
His non-academic approach is based on a pedagogy which favors the present moment, the emotion and which allows to develop the hypersensitivity which is in oneself.
It is aimed at musicians and artists as well as human beings in general.
Improvisation in all its forms, whether rhythmic, sound, bodily, verbal or vocal, occupies an increasingly large place.
In his pedagogy of the present moment, nothing is set in stone. His creative spirit invites you to always new exercises which are as many new discoveries on the path to self-knowledge, just like that of life.
Its multidisciplinary and creative character arouses interest in various fields: cultural and also social, medical and paramedical, school, university, professional and economic.
He interests first of all:
- the music schools of Mérignac and that of Lormont which practices the Martenot method , the Cultural Center of Saint-Médard-en-Jalles in 1971, today Carré des Jalles.
- the International School of Bordeaux where he intervenes within the framework of the training of future directors of culture abroad (United Arab League and Africa) from 1973 to 1975.
- the Institute of Social Workers of Talence (33-Gironde).
- the Institut Universitaire de Technologie Carrières Sociales in Gradignan, near Bordeaux.
- the John Bost Foundation in La Force in Dordogne.
- the Specialized Hospital Centers of Bordeaux , Cadillac and Pau .
- the Bordeaux school of architecture.
- the Chelles Cultural Center.
- the psychomotricity department of the University of Bordeaux 2 where he was in charge of training from 1982 to 1984.
In 1984, he participated in raising awareness of the practice of relationship and communication through sound in the departments of Professors Tignol and Bourgeois , psychiatrists at the Charles Perrens University Hospital in Bordeaux. This event was organized by the Poly-Sons association. Among the other speakers, there was the Music Research Group (GRM-INA) , the Jeunesses Musicales de France (JMF) .
The beneficial effects of his sounds on patients challenge doctors and nursing staff, arouse their interest.
It will become a model.
His notoriety as an artist-pedagogue having been acquired, he is invited to participate in exhibitions, conferences, congresses, study days, reading concerts and masterclasses.
We will cite a few interventions :
- The Sicorde Music Day at the Don Bosco Medico-Educational Center in Gradignan (1991).
- The Salon Aquitain des Musiques SAM 90 presented by ADAMA in Bordeaux (1990).
- The regional congress of the Center des Jeunes Dirigeants d’Entreprise d’Aquitaine “Creativity and the creative process: sensory organs and creativity” (1995).
- The study day “Expression, Culture and Social Bond, sharing of experiences of musical expression workshops”, Association Saint François Xavier – Don Bosco in Gradignan (2006).
- The concert-reading: Sensory discoveries and artistic expression for children and teachers of music schools in Porto in 2001 .
- The illustrated conference intended for teachers of the music conservatory and a sensory discovery for children of primary schools in the city of Gradignan (33-Gironde) in 2006.
His powerful and unique work, his transversal approach to music as well as his particular vision of art really have something of interest to the Music sector of the University of Bordeaux Montaigne and the Conservatory of Bordeaux .
The Bordeaux conservatory integrates it in 2007 into an event consisting of:
- a masterclass with the students of Etienne Rolin’s improvisation class ,
- a sensory discovery with the students of the Premiers Pas , which brings together two hundred children and parents – an hour of listening in total silence that surprised the teachers – and,
- of a creation Suite pour percussions , the high point of this project, at the National Theater of Bordeaux in Aquitaine in partnership with Musiques de Nuit Diffusion .
The Music branch of Bordeaux Montaigne University , interested in his perspective as a singular artist and pioneer, asks him for the preparation of the license and the Music Capes and the aggregation.
His intervention will last until 2010, the date of his death.